#MuslimGirlProbs is our weekly link roundup of headlines, stories, events, and situations that make us want to rip our hijabs off.
The outrageous intensity of headlines just keeps getting worse. It’s like a painfully slow linear upwards trend in between sharp spikes of “Islamic” advertised terrorism. Non-coincidentally, and unsurprisingly, the progression of stupidity is directly proportional to the progression of islamophobic hatred. Go figure.
Week of 3/22/15:
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali was recently named ‘a hero of our time’, by Rich Lowry. For what, though? Riding on the dark horse of Islamophobia to promote her books? For stereotyping Islam based on a culture she was raised in? For releasing false statistics to increase hatred towards the Muslim community? For infantilizing Muslim women? I could go on. But I think you get the point. [Politico]
- Our MuslimGirl.net Editor-In-Chief, Amani Al-Khatahtbeh, spoke in an interview on how obviously inherently feminist Islam is, stating, “As a Muslim woman, my hijab is my feminism; both in asserting my authority over my body as well as defying post-9/11 Islamophobia, racism and stereotypical expectations.”
- A Georgia terrorist plants a Quran bomb, framing Muslims. This man wanted to create Islamophobic hatred by any means necessary, even if it meant killing innocent people. Wow. [The Daily Beast]
- China bans a Muslim group from holding meetings, reporting allegations that the group may have links with ISIL, because of some leaflets with the “Allah is my God, Muhammad is my Messenger” symbol that all Muslims identify with. What next? Linking Muslims with ISIS for wearing black? [OnIslam]
- Pat Robertson cleverly states, on the Germanwings crash: “Was the co-pilot Muslim? Why did he want to kill all those people.” No, Pat. The co-pilot was just another non-Muslim, white, “mentally insane” terrorist. Also, the sky is blue. [RawStory]
- Paul Sperry, the same man who wrote a crazy book on “Muslim spies” infiltrating the White House, questions the dramatic rise in Muslim newcomers from war-torn, “dangerous” countries, and calls for in-depth screening or a complete blockade. It’s called immigration, Paul. Track back your ancestry. It’s probably how you got here, too. [WND]
- A pregnant Muslim woman was attacked in Toulouse, France by islamophobic terrorists who pulled her hijab and hair while exclaiming “none of that here”. This attack is one among hundreds since the Charlie Hebdo shootings. Terrorism can always be found in the form of ignorance. And there is so much ignorance here. [The Local France]
- SEPTA was forced to accept the advertising of anti-Muslim ads on 84 buses, with the headline “Jew Hatred: It’s in the Quran”. Islamophobia ensues. Ignorance fuels. People are assaulted, terrorized, and killed. This is not a no-strings advertising gig. This is a political, social, and biased call to incite hatred. How do people stand for this? [Philly]