Muslim Women’s Day happened, and it was amazing!!! But, like always, a dedicated group of trolls tried and failed to overshadow all the fabulous Muslim women highlighted. So, we at Muslim Girl thought it was appropriate (entertaining?) to show you some of the most embarrassing troll posts made — with commentary, of course.
- Lynda is absolutely right. This isn’t equality for women. If it was, I’d have an ice cream sandwich too. We’d all have ice cream sandwiches; it’d be like Oprah. Also, can we just admire the cute sparkles on her sleeves for a second? Okay, moving on.
- She’s definitely gorgeous, but she’s probably wearing that niqab to avoid getting objectified by people like you.
- Jokes on you. We don’t really like the Nike Hijab, considering Muslim women made sports hijabs way before Nike even thought about it.
- I feel like this person missed the memo that it was INTERNATIONAL Muslim Women’s Day – so like, it happened around the world. On another note, I’m not great at geography, but I don’t think middle class America is an actual place – a state of mind maybe?
- Thanks John!!! My mom still tells me I’m using my computer too much, though :/
- I feel like that’s sort of been every day since 1492 onwards. But hey, feel free to orchestrate one Jon. We could give you some tips. You’d need media partners, graphics, outreach, writers… but I digress.
- The Johns are on a roll. Anyway, a lot of Muslim women are “Western,” not in Clint Eastwood standoff way though. Also, I want to avoid sounding like a Jaden Smith tweet, but if we keep going West aren’t we in the East? Just a random thought.
- Well Sofia, I’m going to be real with you. Today is only the first Muslim Women’s Day, so we expect more people on board next year. Besides, Muslim majority countries celebrate Muslims in their own ways, like respecting our religion, not allowing White supremacists who want to ban Muslims into power…that kind of stuff.
- First of all, I don’t feel oppressed by Muslims, given that I am one. Secondly, I am very much alive. Thirdly, can you imagine cute little tea cup pigs sitting to pray with you. It would be a cuteness overload.
- Not really sure what Felix is trying to say here, but Muslim Women’s Day was a huge success, so like… ???
- Unless you’re using wool, a niqab doesn’t really feel like a cage. Also, you’re daughter doesn’t have to wear anything she doesn’t want to because wearing hijab, niqab, etc. is a CHOICE. Also, kids better not be dressing up like this for Halloween because that is 100% appropriation.
- Now I really don’t get this tweet because patio umbrellas are like at least 7 feet tall, and no Muslim woman I know is that tall, let alone 3 of them in a group.
Those “Gals” look like they’re having a lot of fun exercising their right to free speech. What a squad!
I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. Obviously there are tons more tweets filled with stupid comments like these, but… haters gonna hate.