Shout out and a big thank you to all of the supporters on #MuslimWomensDay. Contributions to the social media campaign and bringing awareness will only help to demystify Islam and discredit the haters.
Like it or not, haters, you all not only gave us free publicity, but helped us to trend on social media! As Women’s History Month comes to an end, let’s recognize the individuals and organizations that contributed to #MuslimWomensDay in this roundup you might have missed:
1. MIC.com Highlighted 11 Incredible Muslim women in their article.
2. @YWCAUSA tweeted in support of Linda Sarsour, the Women’s March and Muslim Women’s Day, declaring they are “on a mission.”
3. @reBELLYus tweeted to the “strong, beautiful, misunderstood, Muslim women of the world.” Belly, you too, are appreciated!
4. Thank you The Anti-Trump (@impl0rable) for several tweets!
5. Tarek El-Messidi reminds us of the first university created by a Muslim woman in 859 CE.
6. ACLU National retweeted several times.
7. Feminist Canada shouts out to the women condemning terrorism on Westminster Bridge.
8. Colorlines.com shared the 10 Best Tweets from the Inaugural Muslim Women’s Day.
9. International Business Times wrote about 10 Powerful Quotes Celebrating Girl Power in Islam.
10. HollywoodLife.com shared 12 Powerful Female Muslims You Should Know.
11. Empress.world shares How, When and What Sparked the National Holiday.
12. The Washington Post discusses Muslim Women’s Day trending on social media.
13. Wright State University’s paper The Guardian talked about the making and importance of Muslim Women’s Day.
14. CollegeCandy.com highlighted Muslim Women to inspire us.