Muslim Women’s Day has been an enormous success, thanks in part to our official partners, as well as the media outlets that covered the event! It was also the top trending hashtag on Twitter on March 27 — but what made it special was how our everyday Muslim sisters joined in the celebration. It was how we empowered ourselves and elevated our voices on a global scale. Here are 15 of our favorite Tweets.
1. This movement would not have been possible without the solidarity and strength of Black Muslimahs.
2. Recently featured in Pandora’s new ad campaign, fashion blogger Maria Alia is an inspiration to so many Muslim women!
3. Can’t say it any better.
4. Send them to the executive editor across all social media. She’ll know what to do.
5. We need to come together and help each other up now more than ever.
6. Muslim women oppressed by who?????
7. Don’t forget to give credit where credit is due. Shoutout to the women who’ve been our allies since before we were born.
8. We’re looking at you, Wallah bros.
9. So much community support! We love it.
10. Lest we forget…
11. Remember: We are not a monolith. We are diverse and come from all walks of life.
12. And finally… Look at all of this dope art!