Written by Sara Abdelwahab
With the countdown to Ramadan on, I’m eager to work on becoming the best possible me. Every year, I work to approach Ramadan with a clean slate and a pure heart.
I find that setting some simple, achievable goals helps me to gear up for Ramadan, and increase my deen.
With that said, I’m going to share my tips to get Ramadan ready.
Tips to Get Ramadan Ready
- Get in the spirit of Ramadan. Watch an Islamic lecture daily, and increase your knowledge. Try to learn at least one new thing every day.
- Perform a random act of kindness every day, even if it’s as simple as giving someone a compliment.
- Smile more often. It’s sadaqah, and you’ll be rewarded for that.
- Read the Quran daily, even if it’s only one page a day.
- Read the tafseer of one ayah per day.
- Keep a journal with your goals and resolutions, reflections, and things you learn from the videos and ayahs.
- Read as much as you can about motivational Islamic leaders.
- Share what you learn with your friends and family. Put your social media accounts to good use, and get thawab (rewards).
- Make an effort to pray on time.
- Make du’aa.
- Do siyam (fast) on Mondays and Thursdays; it’s sunnah.
These eleven tips are very simple and achievable. They’ll take between 15 minutes and an hour of your day, depending on how many you choose to incorporate. Developing a routine and getting in the groove with good habits now will help you make the most of your Ramadan.
Let’s make Ramadan 2016 our best Ramadan yet!