#MuslimGirlProbs is our weekly link roundup of headlines, stories, events, and situations that make us want to rip our hijabs off.
Yet another set of crazy headlines. Enjoy.
Week of 3/29/15:
- The chairman of a branch of the Idaho Republican Party “accidentally” sent out a mass email on Monday. Surprisingly it was offensively anti-Islamic. Unsurprisingly, the writer of the letter backed up her anti-Islamic claims, stating, “It is no secret that the ‘Islamization’ of America is a widespread fear.” In what way is America being Islamized? The killing of three Muslims in Chapel Hill or the beating of a Muslim father in a Kroger? You tell me. [Raw Story]
- White male flirts with Muslim woman. Muslim woman politely dismisses white man. White man pulls out pistol, threatening, and declaring hatred for Islam and Muslims. Muslim woman rolls up her window and locks herself in her car. White man drives away. Another typical day in the life of a Muslim woman. [Komonews]
- Ted Cruz announced another stupid fact about himself that no one wants to hear: apparently, he turned to country music and away from rock after 9/11, because country music responded in a way that resonated with him. Afterwards a sarcastic comment was made on live TV, by Jamilah Lemieux, where she states, “Nothing says ‘let’s go kill some Muslims’ like country music.” The show’s host apologized later for the comment’s offense towards country music. Not the part about killing Muslims. That part was A-okay. [The Arab Daily News]
- Aaaaaaaaaand anti-Muslim bus advertisements are officially up on SEPTA buses, claiming “Islamic Jew Hatred: It’s in the Quran.” I’m sure hell would freeze over before these people actually picked up a Quran. [6abc]
- China decides to crack down on religious “extremism,” so they go about it in the most professional, efficient, and logical way possible. They throw a Muslim man in jail for six years for refusing to shave his beard, and his wife in prison for 2 years for wearing a burka. I can see just how extreme a beard and piece of cloth can be. Good call, China. [Washington Post]
May Allah (SWT) help these people, and people of ignorance, and bring some light of knowledge to the world and peace. Ameen
so who are the ‘people of ignorance’? anyone who isn’t a muslim?
No, Joe, not anyone who isn’t Muslim. In fact, the only plausible reason I can see for you to infer that Muslims believe “people of Ignorance” is “anyone who isn’t a Muslim” is that you already deeply misunderstand Islam and it’s view of non-Muslims. The people of ignorance the original poster refers to are those who are publicly and un-ashamedly anti-Islamic, those who threaten polite Muslim women with a shotgun for not enjoying their harassment, those who perpetuate misinformed and dangerous hate speech in our nation’s public transportation system, those who throw others in jail simply for attempting to practice their religion peacefully. Please, before you walk around and self-righteously attempt to defend or correct someone, make sure that you are informed and are not simply further oppressing the belittled.
No, people of ignorance can be anyone, anyone who is ignorant. I hope that answers you question. “Knowledge” and “peace” are two important things that our world truly needs right now. Wouldn’t you agree? I hope that clarifies. Have a lovely day. Thank you.
Comments are closed.