March 27 marked the first official Muslim Women’s Day! And it did not go unnoticed. Not only did the campaign reach a global audience as the #1 trending topic on Twitter worldwide, there were several publications that showed their support through social media as well. Here are 15 media outlets that stood by Muslim women publicly on this day.
1. Essence Magazine tweeted a beautiful graphic that represented many types of women.
2. Man Repeller not only showcased Muslim women in fashion, but was an official partner!
3. Run by The Hollywood Reporter and Billboard, Pret-a-Reporter highlighted Halima Aden, the refugee model that walked for the Yeezy show at NYFW.
4. You’ve got to mention our badass scientists and doctors! We’re out here literally saving y’alls lives.
5. BUST Mag shared our tips on how to be part of #MuslimWomensDay
6. The National Public Radio tapped into the discussion
7. Peep Malala right there in the corner. That’s our girl!
8. Our partner R29 reminding everyone that Muslim women have gone to space.
9. AJE shared some ass-kicking Muslim women:
10. Teen Vogue shared our #AskAMuslimGirl partnership series! Click through to watch.
11. HuffPo Women fielded public submissions in honor of #MuslimWomensDay
12. Even ELLE Malaysia was celebrating!
13. BBC UK couldn’t let the occasion pass without tweeting some solidarity
14. Who would’ve thought?! Fox News? Inspiring Quotes? Kudos, Oklahoma.
15. Bustle got our back with the inspiration.