Social media is one of the best sources for information right now. Here are 15 people you should follow on Twitter (if you aren’t already!) so you can stay up to date on the latest news regarding the #BlackLivesMatter movement.
1. Angie Thomas, author of The Hate U Give
2. Nic Stone, author of Shuri: A Black Panther Novel
3. Caleb McLaughlin, actor (Stranger Things)
4. Nicola Yoon, author of The Sun is Also a Star
5. Vanessa Morgan, Riverdale
6. Ava DuVernay
If you are wondering how to educate yourself, I recommend watching Ava DuVernay’s Netflix documentary, When They See Us.
7. Lamar Giles, author of Not So Pure and Simple
8. Imam Suhaib Webb
For those of you who are asking if protests are allowed in Islam, this is for you.
9. MSNBC on #BlackLivesMatter
10. Karen Attiah of The Washington Post
11. Abby D. Philip, CNN
12. Aminah Bakeer Abdul-Jabeer, writer & director
13. Trevor Noah, The Daily Show
14. Tiffany D. Jackson, author of Monday’s Not Coming
15. Yara Shahidi – actress, Grownish
If you have the m eans to do so, consider helping protestors here.