#MuslimGirlProbs is our weekly link roundup of headlines, stories, events, and situations that make us want to rip our hijabs off.
This lot of headlines is particularly blood-boiling. Enjoy.
Week of 5/24/15:
- A really non-violent, peaceful white man insists that his ANTI-Muslim rally is ‘friendly’ despite his marketing of “F*ck Islam” t-shirts, and encouraging of participators to bring their firearms. He says that he’s simply “had it” with Muslims. But he’s really peaceful, guys. Really f*cking peaceful. [RawStory]
- France continues to harass Muslim women in its streets and public areas, and insists upon strict secularism, despite their very public celebration of Christian holidays in schools. Everyone is #JeSuisCharlie when it comes to islamophobic “freedom of expression”, but when a veiled mother appears to pick her child up from school, she’s barred. What a country. [NY Times]
- Another self-appointed neighborhood watch takes it upon themselves to confront an innocent bystander. This time, instead of donning a hoodie and dark skin, the victim and her husband were targeted for being Muslim. The self-appointed neighborhood watch, Nancy Knoble, stated “she knew what their ‘kind was up to'”. Of course she did. [News.com.au]
- A primary school in East London handed out a controversial, “counter-extremism” questionnaire that seemingly targets religion strategically… to its Muslim students. A counter-extremism questonnaire. To Muslim primary school children. Extremism. Children. Do you see where I’m going with this? Ridiculous. [ThinkProgress]
- Two scumbag men abuse three Muslim women on an Australian train. The Muslim women leave the train. The scumbag men yell sexual threats. A brave Australian man, Jason Cias, stands up for the women. Mr. Cias gets punched in the face by the aforementioned scumbags. Why do scumbags exist beyond the narrow sewer of their own minds? [The Independent]
Comments are closed.