#MuslimGirlProbs is our weekly link roundup of headlines, stories, events, and situations that make us want to rip our hijabs off.
Another set of crazy headlines. Enjoy.
Week of 4/20/15:
- Muslim woman sued Domino’s after “bomb threat” arrest. She walked in with her two year old son and ordered a pizza, after receiving “the worst pizza you can possibly imagine” – she demanded a refund (like any other person would), but instead the workers mocked her and got her arrested for 24 hours under a false claim. Here’s what we have to say about it: a big screw you to people who target and discriminate against immigrants + believe this claim just because she wears a headscarf. [WTSP]
- Two Muslim women were asked to change seats during a taping of The Real so their Islamic headscarves wouldn’t be seen by the camera. Yep, you can read that again. These women went to see the taping in February with front row seats, but according to some really messed up policy enforced by Warner Bros. – they had to move to the back. CAIR has also filed a complaint. For a talk-show with such a diverse cast, you all should be ashamed of yourselves for not even commenting on this discriminatory incident. The Real is a bit of a snooze anyway. [Perez Hilton]
- Owner of shooting range in Arkansas continues to ban Muslims from place of business and thinks she has a right to do so. After declaring the gun range a “Muslim-free zone,” CAIR and the Arkansas chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union, both called for federal investigations. The Justice department is now “monitoring” the matter. After turning away Muslims, people of color, and South Asians (for thinking they were Muslim after they informed her they weren’t), how can anyone defend this as being non-discriminatory? What more needs to be “monitored?” This isn’t new for Muslims in America. [Washington Post]
- Anti-Muslim “Killing Jews Is Worship” Ads set to go up on NYC buses and subways. Oh, Pam. The biggest Islamophobe and Zionist is back at it, fighting to put up her Islamophobic ads in major cities across the nation on behalf of The American Freedom Defense Initiative. Even though the MTA has rejected these ads in the past, the bigot still felt compelled to do it once more. “Officials argued that the ad was offensive to Palestinians, and to Muslims as a whole, but a federal judge ruled that prohibiting the ad was a free speech violation.” Umm, more like hate speech? Go away, Pam Geller. [Huffington Post]
- Ex-Muslim says the Quran revealed a religion she did not like. Mona Walters grew up in Somalia and moved to Sweden at 19. After becoming a pro at reading the Quran out of context style, she said she wanted nothing to do with the religion. Yet, all she wants to do is spread the “truth about the KORAN” and “save the Muslim women.” Ayaan Hirsi Ali 2.0 anyone? Thanks but no thanks, Mona. [CBN News]