#MuslimGirlProbs is our weekly link roundup of headlines, stories, events, and situations that make us want to rip our hijabs off.
Welcome back to another week of #MGProbs. Enjoy my darlings.
Week of 12/12/15:
- Muslim teacher fired after showing a video of Malala to her class. Keep in mind, a non-Muslim teacher at the same school had shown a video of Malala earlier, with no parental outbursts. She was also told to refrain from referencing Islam and the Middle East in her classroom. What the actual fuck is going on in this story? How is a teacher showing a video of a Nobel Peace Prize winner who is currently fighting for equal education around the world, wrong? Is Middle Eastern/Islamic history not worthy of being taught because it interferes with your fear-mongering narrative? GTFO. [Daily Beast]
- Paris airport fired two Muslim men because their beards were too long. One of the men even claimed his beard was for fashion not religion. After working there for 5 years, growing a beard got this guy fired in 2 seconds. Unbelievably ridiculous. [Daily Mail]
- School district shuts down Friday classes and weekend activities after a teacher hands out an Arabic calligraphy assignment. The outrage came after they realized they were copying the shahada. CHILL PEOPLE, the assignment is not going to magically convert you to Islam. [The Blaze]
- Muslim family was denied boarding on a flight from the U.S. to Gatwick. The family consisted of nine members, including 4 children. Their visas were authorized by the Department of Homeland Security a whole month before their trip but that clearly wasn’t enough? [BBC]
- Georgia Middle School teacher asks her 13-year old Muslim girl student if there was a “backpack bomb.” Oh. My. God. Was this teacher living under a rock when #IStandWithAhmed basically took over the world? There are no excuses for this type of behavior. No, an apology is not enough for your deep-rooted Islamophobia. [Daily Caller]