- December 1, 2015 – A Qur’an riddled with bullets is left in the mail slot of Al-Farah Islamic Clothing in Anaheim, CA, just months after the store’s window is shattered.
- December 2, 2015 – Sikh activist, attorney and frequent MSNBC guest Valarie Kaur is asked by her fellow Delta Airlines passengers on a flight from Minneapolis, MN, to Los Angeles, CA, to show them her breast pump to “prove” she isn’t a terrorist.
- December 2, 2015 – A self-identifying member of a recognized hate-group called the Jewish Defense League calls the Manassas Mosque in Manassas, VA, and leaves a voicemail saying he wants to kill Muslims in retribution for the San Bernadino, CA.
- December 3, 2015 – 27-year-old Joshua Killets breaks into the Islamic Center of Palm Beach, FL, smashing windows, overturning furniture, and spraying the mosque’s prayer room in blood. Upon further investigation, it is discovered that Killets has a history of ardently Islamophobic posts on social media.
- December 4, 2015 – The Islamic Center of St. Louis, MO, receives a number of threatening voicemails from a former Marine who claims that “I was a Marine, I killed a lot of Muslims, watched a lot of you die and burn…You want to kill? Come my way. I will cut off your f____ing head.” The man goes as far as leaving his own address.
- December 5, 2015 – 55-year-old Piro Kolvani walks into Sarker Haque’s store, Fatima Food Mart in Astoria, Queens, NY, and yells “I’ll kill Muslims” before attacking Haque. Hague is left bleeding, bruised, and with a dislocated hand.
- December 5, 2015 – 16-year-old Somali-American Hamza Warsame falls to his death off of a balcony near Seattle Central College in Washington. While law enforcement officials consider his death a suicide, his family, friends, and the Muslim community are outraged by the assertion, especially given rumors swirling that he was beaten and pushed off the balcony by a white man.
- December 6, 2015 – The Gurdwara Singh Sabha Sikh Temple in Buena Park, CA, is spray-painted with the words “F___ ISIS” and other profanities and slurs. 20-year-old Brodie Durazo is later arrested for the vandalism.
- December 6, 2015 – Varinder Malhil and two of his friends, all Sikhs, are denied entry to a San Diego Chargers game at the Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, CA, by security because they are wearing turbans. They are eventually allowed to enter, but are told that they will not be able to wear their turbans next time they return.
- December 6, 2015 – The Islamic Center of Twin Falls, ID, is vandalized for the second time when someone spray-paints the phrase “Hunt Camp?” on the doors of the newly constructed building. No one is sure what exactly the message is supposed to be implying.
- December 6, 2015 – Leilah Abdennabi and Sirat Al-Nahi, two university students who are American citizens with family originally from Palestine and Iraq respectively, are dining together at the Kerbey Lane Cafe in Austin, TX, when an older man points and yells that Abdennabi “should just go back to Saudi Arabia where she came from” while nobody says anything.
- December 7, 2015 – Congressman Andre Carson of Indiana receives a death threat in his Washington, D.C. office.
- December 7, 2015 – The Al Tawheed Islamic Center in Jersey City, NJ, receives hate mail and threatening voicemails stating that “You are evil,” and “Every American that has a Second Amendment right is going to take their (expletive) gun and blow you away.”
- December 7, 2015 – 69-year-old Sikeer Aktaruzzaman is airlifted to the hospital after being shot three times at the Shapon Food Mart in Miami, FL. No suspects are found.
- December 7, 2015 – Members of the Al-Aqsa Islamic Society in Philadelphia, PA, come to the mosque in the morning to find a bloody, severed pig’s head has been thrown at the building. Surveillance footage shows a red pickup driving by twice, with a man throwing the head out the window of the truck the second time around. The incident was preceded by a threatening voicemail several weeks prior, right after the Paris attacks, which said “I hope you people are happy about what you did in Paris. I’d just like to state for the record that Allah is a piece of pork s___.”
- December 7, 2015 – Rasheed Albeshari is praying with some fellow Muslims in Lake Chabot Regional Park, CA, when an employee of the California Department of Corrections begins screaming “Allah is evil,” “The Qur’an is evil,” and “Your god is Satan” at them. When Albeshari begins videotaping her, she hits him with her umbrella and throws her coffee in his face.
- December 7, 2015 – Rich Trevor Dickey, the owner of Paint1ng in Washington, D.C., sends texts such as “Death to Muslims,” and “Get out of my country bitch,” to Aaditya Shah, who is not Muslim, after Shah cancels his painting appointment with the company. Another man from the company proceeds to call Shah and tell him that he wants to see him dead in the street.
- December 7, 2015 – A 7th grade boy threatens to shoot a Muslim boy on the bus home from Morton Middle School in Vandalia, Ohio, after calling him a “towel head,” “terrorist,” and “the son of ISIS,” as well as blaming him for 9/11.
- December 7, 2015 – A teacher at Shiloh Middle School in Snellville, GA, asks Fazia Osman, a hijabi 8th grader, if she has a bomb in her backpack. When called out by Osman’s fellow students in the room, the teacher takes her out into the hallway to explain that the question was only asked because of “the things happening in the world right now.”
- December 8, 2015 – Just days after “Go home” and a Nazi symbol are written on the window of a Somali restaurant in Grand Forks, ND, the building is set on fire, causing over $90,000 in damages.
- December 8 & 9, 2015 – Just 6 weeks after moving into their home in Plano, TX, a Muslim family has large rocks thrown through their window two days in a row. Surveillance footage nearby only shows the shadows of three people running away.
- December 9, 2015 – A 36-year-old passenger calls a ride-share driver in Seattle, WA, a terrorist. After the driver tells the man and his two fellow passengers to get out of the car, all three exit, but not before the first man punches him in the head.
- December 9, 2015 – A 21-year-old woman waiting for her bus in Bay Ridge, NY, is called “trash” and kicked in the upper right thigh by a stranger.
- December 9, 2015 – Subway workers find graffiti on a train in the Coney Island, NY, train yard that says “Burn the Muslims, Heil Hitler!”
- December 9, 2015 – Representative Loretta Sanchez (D-CA) states on PoliticKing with Larry King that she believes “anywhere from 5-20%” of Muslims would support ISIS and would be “willing to use and they do use terrorism.”
- December 10, 2015 – KKK fliers are distributed in Decatur, Guntersville, and Cullman, AL calling on people to “Help us fight the spread of Islam in our country.”
- December 10, 2015 – The Santa Clara, CA, and Washington, D.C., chapters of CAIR are evacuated after receiving letters that contained a “suspicious” white powder. Staff are quarantined until the hazmat crews come to the scene.
- December 10, 2015 – A hijabi is driving in Hillsborough County, FL, when a man cuts her off and throws things at her, screaming “I’m gonna cut her.”
- December 10, 2015 – A woman from Tampa, FL, was shot at and nearly run off the road; she later found bullet holes in her car.
- December 10, 2015 – 40-year-old Daniel Senteno follows a woman around a carwash while filming and threatening her before drawing a knife and being arrested in Chino Hills, CA.
- December 10, 2015 – A brick is thrown and smashes the storefront of the Islamic Center of Alameda, CA, after receiving a number of threatening calls, including messages that tell the community members to “Go back home, you’re not welcome here.”
- December 11, 2015 – 23-year-old Carl James Dial Jr. is charged with setting fire to the Islamic Society of Palm Springs in Coachella, CA. His parents refuse to bail him out.
- December 11, 2015 – Two glass windows of the Islamic Cultural Center in Phoenix, AZ, are smashed and a spotlight is broken. There are no suspects.
- December 11, 2015 – At the Salt & Pepper, a restaurant in New York City, NY, 26-year-old Robert Murino asks several employees how they feel about ISIS before reaching over the counter, calling Tahir Mahood a “Muslim motherf___,” and punching him. Murino is kicked out of the store, but then returns to smash the glass dividers in the restaurant with some chairs and leave again.
- December 11, 2015 – Salman Biradar of Chicago, IL, has his garage spray-painted with the words “Go home.”
- December 12, 2015 – A handful of protesters attempt to hold a Qur’an burning outside the White House after most ditch the idea as a result of learning it’s against the law to burn anything on federal grounds.
- December 12, 2015 – 20 members of the Bureau of American-Islamic Relations carry weapons outside the Islamic Association of North Texas in Richardson, TX, in protest of the mosque “funding terrorism.”
- December 12, 2015 – The Islamic Center of Macon, GA, is tagged with profane graffiti and the word “terrorist.”
- December 12, 2015 – The Islamic Center of Greater Miami in Miami Springs, FL, receives a hateful email including messages such as “Islam is cancer,” “Islam is a disease,” “I will burn the Koran,” and “I want to kill every Muslims [sic] around the world.”
- December 13, 2015 – “Jesus is the way” is spray-painted on the front the Islamic Center of Hawthorne, CA, and simply “Jesus” is found on the wall of the Baitus-Salaam Mosque in the same city with a plastic replica grenade having been left on the driveway.
- December 13, 2015 – A 34-year-old Punjabi non-Muslim clerk who goes by “Tony” is called a “terrorist” and a member of ISIS, and told “I shot people like you overseas in the Middle East,” before having a gun stuck in his mouth, being shot in the cheek, and robbed in Grand Rapids, MI.
- December 14, 2015 – Vandals spray-paint “F___ Muslims” on a wall outside the Nur Ul Islam Academy in Cooper City, FL. This comes at the end of a weekend when Jewish residents in the area also received notes saying “X-Mas is not for the Jews” in their mailboxes.
- December 14, 2015 – A 34-year-old Indian man is shot in the face by an armed robber who called him a “terrorist,” and accused him of being a member of ISIS in a Grand Rapids, MI, store.
- December 15, 2015 – A family of 11 British Muslims is stopped for no apparent reason from boarding their flight from Gatwick Airport in London to Los Angeles, CA, where they were headed for a trip to Disneyland.
- December 16, 2015 – An Indian student at Penn State in State College, PA, is attacked on his way home by Nicholas Tavella, a fellow student. Tavella, who admits he was intoxicated at the time and that he targeted the student “because of his skin color,” follows the student before grabbing his throat and saying “Don’t make me put a bullet in your chest.” Tavella is later charged with a felony.
- December 17, 2015 – Parents of students in the Anoka-Hennepin School District in Minnesota raise alarm after hearing that a concert at Blaine High School will include a Ramadan song with Arabic, including the phrase “Allahu Akbar.” Social media erupts, with one parent posting that “No child should be forced to sing a song about the Muslims and the religion of hatred,” while another calls the local news to tell the them that in consideration of Paris and San Bernadino, singing about Allah would be “insensitive.”
- December 17, 2015 – Following filmmaker Michael Moore’s #WeAreAllMuslim campaign, 2015 Miss Puerto Rico Destiny Velez launches into a Twitter rant claiming that “There’s NO comparison between Jews, Christians & Muslims. Jews nor Christians have terrorizing agendas in their sacred books. All [Muslims] do is build their mosques, feel offended by American values and terrorize innocent Americans and plant gas stations,” among other things. She later deletes the tweets, issues an apology, and is suspended by the Miss America organization.
- December 17, 2015 – Wheaton College in Illinois suspends Political Science professor Larycia Hawkins for posting on Facebook that “I stand in religious solidarity with Muslims because they, like me, a Christian, are people of the book. And as Pope Francis stated last week, we worship the same God.” The college says Hawkins’s post has violated an oath of the school.
- December 17, 2015 – Police in Richmond, VA, receive a tip from a caller who says a man in the neighborhood is making explosives in his home to harm Muslims. 55-year-old William Celli is later arrested; his social media accounts reveal is he an ardent supporter of Donald Trump and would follow him “to the end of the world.”
- December 18, 2015 – After a world geography class at Riverheads High School in Augusta County, VA, is assigned an Arabic calligraphy assignment that involves writing out that shahada, parents become enraged and the district is forced to close down school for a day. “I will not have my children sit under a woman who indoctrinates home with the Islam religion when I am a Christian, and I’m going to stand behind Christ,” says parent Kimberly Herndon, before calling for the firing of the teacher who gave the assignment.
- December 18, 2015 – The Democratic polling firm Public Policy Polling finds that 30% of Republican voters polled would be in favor of bombing Agrabah – a fictional city from Disney’s Aladdin.
- December 24, 2015 – 37-year-old Thomas Giese is caught on surveillance footage yelling at a South Kingstown, RI, Food Mart clerk that “I’m going to stretch your tongues out. I’mg going to f_____ing kill you people on Christmas Eve” and that “We don’t want Muslim stores in our neighborhood.”
- December 24, 2015 – 30-year-old Anthony Torres walks up to employees at Omar’s Wheels & Tires in Dallas, TX, before pulling a gun out of the waistband of his pants and shooting at everyone within range. 25-year-old Enrique Garcia-Mendoza is killed, and several others are injured; witnesses say Torres was yelling “Muslim” during the shooting.
- December 24, 2015 – 40-year-old James Samways chases four Pakistani men down the street at night in Brooklyn, NY, yelling that “I want to see the blood of Muslims on the street!”
- December 25, 2015 – A fire breaks out at Savoy Masjid in Houston, TX, just an hour after hundreds of Muslims leave the building after completing Friday prayers. No one is hurt, but arson is suspected.
- December 26, 2015 – A Molotov cocktail is thrown at the front door of the Islamic Center of Tracy, CA.
- December 26, 2015 – 68-year-old Amrit Singh Bal is waiting to be picked up for work in Fresno, CA, when two white men stop their car to get out and chase him down the street before shouting expletives at him and hitting him with their car. One of the things they yell at him – “Why are you here?” – spawns a viral hashtag campaign by Sikhs across the country who use the phrase on social media to reaffirm their identities as Sikhs in America.
- December 27, 2015 – A man is caught on camera wrapping bacon on the door handles of the Masjid-e-Tawheed in Las Vegas, NV, in the middle of the night.
What a bunch of BULLSHIT. How many of these “hate crimes” are real??? They are probably FAKE – just like you guys did with Trump a few weeks ago. You FUCKING Muslims come to this country NOT wanting to assimilate and then force your BARBARIC 7th Century FUCKING SHIT-HOLE RELIGION on us. FUCK YOU. Go back to the MID-EAST SHIT-HOLE from whence you came!!! When you decide to become AMERICANS and believe in LGBT, women’s rights, LIBERALISM, and things WESTERN, then, maybe, – you might be welcome here. In the mean time FUCK YOU CUNT and STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE US!!!
Hi, I`m Christian like you may or may not be, and here is the deal. The only thing ” BARBARIC” or from the “7th Century” on this article is your comment. First of all the first amendment grants religious freedom, to all, not just people who practice your religion, whatever that might be. Just an FYI because you may not know this, Trump is against the LGBT community and women’s rights. So why would Muslims be attacking Trump if he has same belief as them. Just something to think about. Also the name of this website is Muslim Girl, so wouldn’t you think a website centering around women and girls be pro-women rights. Now if you want to talk about not be Pro-women’s rights lets talk about your use of the word “cunt”. If you were pro-women rights then you wouldn’t be using such rude and offensive language, to talk to women, and people in general. Just because you have the freedom of speech, it dose not mean you can be an asshole. I know it is easier to say what you think online because no one knows who you are, so you keep doing you. Yours Truly, A LGBT girl who is over your issues.
Jessie. I don’t know what to say, but you are a fool. A complete fool. When you have something intelligent to post, then get back to me – K?
YOU ARE AN IDIOT. You need to get SHARIA’D. HAVE THESE MUSLIM GOAT FUCKERS Stick their DICK in your ASS!!! LOL!!! LOSER!!!
Comments are closed.