- August 12, 2015 – St. Anne’s Catholic Church in Southborough, MA is targeted with hate graffiti, including slurs against Muslims.
- August 13, 2015 – Islamophobe and disgraced ex-FBI officer John Guandolo provides anti-Muslim law enforcement training in Centennial, CO.
- August 14, 2015 – Save Yourself Survival and Tactical Gear, a gun store and range in Oktaha, OK, declares itself a “Muslim Free” establishment, joining a number of other privately-owned businesses across the country
- August 17, 2015 – Columbus Mayor Michael B. Coleman voices his support for city Police Chief Kim Jacobs’s decision to ban officers from wearing hijabs. Ismahan Isse, a Somali Muslim American recruit, had been forced to leave the academy in March when she was refused her right to religious accommodation.
- August 21, 2015 – Presidential hopeful and Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker makes the claim that there are only a “handful of reasonable, moderate followers of Islam” while on the campaign trail in New Hampshire.
- August 23, 2015 – A 40-lb boulder is tossed through a glass door at the Omaha Islamic Center in Omaha, NE at 3:30am.
- August 24, 2015 – Around 30 protesters gather outside on the first day of school at the new Arabic Immersion Magnet School in Houston, TX. Their signs include various hateful messages, including one that claims “Everything I ever cared to know about Islam was taught to me by Muslims on 9-11-2001.
- August 30, 2015 – Servier County, TN Sheriff Ron Seals threatens to surveil Muslim communities after he publicly comments during a local Tea Party meeting that President Obama is a Muslim and belongs to the Muslim Brotherhood. Other comments, such as referring to terrorists as “Obama’s relatives” are also made by members in attendance.
- August 31, 2015 – Hamilton County, TN Sheriff Jim Hammond publicly tells the members of the Hamilton County Pachyderm Club that “Islam is communism with a god.” He then urges his fellow state officers to monitor the activities of Muslims under their jurisdiction.