Feb. 21, 2016 marks the 51st death anniversary of Muslim-American civil rights leader Malcolm X, also known as el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz.
Malcolm X spent his entire life challenging a system that discriminated against him due to the color of his skin. His eloquent speech and powerful rhetoric influenced millions, and they continue to inspire the world today.
In light of the 51st anniversary of his assassination and Black History Month, here are 10 famous quotes said by Malcolm X:
1. “Stumbling is not falling.”
2. “We cannot think of being acceptable to others until we have first proven acceptable to ourselves.”
3. “You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.”
4. “Concerning nonviolence, it is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks.”
5. “Don’t be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn’t do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn’t know what you know today.”
6. “A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.”
7. “The media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”
8. “So early in my life, I had learned that if you want something, you had better make some noise.”
9. “If you have no critics you’ll likely have no success. ”
10. “If you’re not ready to die for it, put the word ‘freedom’ out of your vocabulary.”
Rest in peace and power, brother Malcolm.
i like the one about white people being devils
Comments are closed.