If you haven’t taken a scroll down into the depths of the hashtag #MasjidAunties on Twitter, you’re honestly missing out. It’s a goldmine of posts and jokes about exactly what it sounds like – Aunties that somehow are the same at every single Masjid, partaking in their usual antics. It’s simply hilarious, and TOO relatable, no matter where you go to pray.
To give you an idea of what I mean, here’s a short list of some of the ones that had me rolling with laughter:
1. When you’re praying and the Auntie in front of you backs it all the way up as if your head isn’t right there:
2. When you’re late to prayer and you’re trying to find a parking spot but you realize each car is taking up two spaces:
3. When you can sense an Auntie judging you out of the corner of your eye from the other side of the mosque but you cut her off before she can say anything:
4. Mood when an Auntie forces you to move spots three times before prayer even starts like they’re doing God’s work:
5. When you think you finally found a chill Auntie that could be your friend, but you realize it’s just another marriage proposal: