MuslimGirl.net’s The Girls’ Room is proud to invite you to its second monthly installment, FERGUSON: NOW WHAT? The installment will be an online Google Hangout event taking place on Wednesday, January 28, at 8:00 PM EST. It is online, free, and open to all.
DATE: Wednesday, January 28, 2015
TIME: 8 PM Eastern Standard Time
- Ashley Yates, Ferguson Organizer, Co-Founder, Millennial Activists United
- Brittany Ferrell, Ferguson Organizer, Co-Founder, Millennial Activists United
- Linda Sarsour, Executive Director, Arab American Association of New York; Co-Founder, Muslims for Ferguson
- Dawud Walid, Executive Director, Council of American Islamic Relations-Michigan Chapter
- Khaled Beydoun, Columnist, Al Jazeera English; Law Professor, UCLA
- Darakshan Raja, Program Manager, Washington Peace Center
- Suhad Khatib, Community Organizer, St. Louis Palestine Solidarity Committee
- Ahmad Abuznaid, Legal and Policy Director, Dream Defenders; Organizer, #BlackLivesMatter Contingent to Palestine
- Moderated by Amani Al-Khatahtbeh, Founder, MuslimGirl.net
FERGUSON: NOW WHAT? will be bringing together prominent Ferguson and Muslim American civil rights activists to explore what Muslims can do to contribute to the movement. We will be taking a look at where we are now and where we can go from here. The discussion will be identifying how intersectional solidarity between the Muslim and Black communities can combat our individual and shared struggles.
Anyone may take part in the conversation and pose questions directly to the speakers using the hashtag #MGFerguson on Twitter. We will be featuring your tweets and answering your questions live on the air.
Google Hangouts only allow up to 100 participants at a time. Therefore, attendance is on a first-come, first-serve basis. After the live event ends, its recording will be immediately available online for your viewing. We encourage everyone to share and invite your friends to this online event. To RSVP and for a list of topics to be discussed, you can visit our Facebook event page here.
The Girls’ Room is a MuslimGirl.net online monthly series of Google Hangouts in which we discuss the topics that we all actually want to talk about with badass guests from the Muslim community and beyond. Be sure to subscribe to our emails to hear about upcoming episodes before anyone else.