Devastation in Dominica
Hurricane Maria brought destruction and devastation to Dominica, an island in the Caribbean. The population is in dire need of help and is calling on us to send aid and support. They are without food, water, electricity and medical supplies (see list below). You can donate here.
Homes have been destroyed, leaving some homeless. The masjid damaged. A Muslim child, who is diabetic, is in life-threatening danger without food, water and insulin.
The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “The similitude of believers in regard to mutual love, affection, fellow-feeling is that of one body; when any limb of it aches, the whole-body aches, because of sleeplessness and fever.” [Muslim]
Our brothers and sisters in Dominica are aching, so we as a Muslim community are aching.
Our duty is to answer the calls of those in need, to bring aid and support. The Dominica needs our aid and active support. The people of Dominica are skilled and determined to rebuild their home.
Here’s How You Can Help
- Donate to Go Fund Me: Raise funds for Dominica Citizens
- Funds can be sent via PayPal directly to: Vfserrant@gmail.com
- Muhammad Isa Abdullah: 1 (767) 276-4478 (accessible via WhatsApp)
- (Imam) Sheik Idris: 1 (767) 276-2899 (accessible via WhatsApp)
Send Supplies to:
Dominica Muslim Community: Care of Shabazz Abdullah or Idris Iwa
1 Federation Drive
Commonwealth of Dominica
Here is a guide of useful materials to send:
- Roofing materials
- Roofing screws
- Generators (5kva to 10kva)
- Chainsaws with cans, oil, fuel
- Communications equipment
- Tarps/Plastic sheeting
- Hygiene kits/Comfort kits
- Menstruation pads/tampons
- Medical supplies
- Baby supplies (formula/baby food)
- Adult pampers
- Water purification kits/
- Energy biscuits
- Portable Stoves
- Solar lanterns
- Kitchen sets
- Collapsible water containers (gallon)
Please GIVE and SEND what you can! SHARE this information.