#MuslimGirlProbs is our weekly link roundup of headlines, stories, events and situations that make us want to rip our hijabs off.
Another week. Another set of wild headlines. Try not to panic.
Week of 11/20/15:
- Canadians try to explain hijab so people will stop vandalizing local mosques. A Muslim group in Halifax held a Hijab Day yesterday wherein visitors could ask questions about the hijab and even try one on. Because you know — as Muslims, it’s our job to make sure that people don’t throw bricks through our mosque windows, right? NO.
- Bigots leave note in Muslim woman’s mailbox urging her to “go back home.” Eren Cervantes-Altamirano, a Mexican immigrant and Muslim convert in Ottawa, was called a terrorist and told to go back home. That’s pretty awkward for the note writers who left it at her home — so like, where did they expect her to go?
- Donald Trump is ready to shut down American mosques. The question is — when will he be ready to shut down his effing mouth?
- Security guard at Zara denied entrance to a Muslim customer. I can’t even be mad about this. Have you seen the prices at Zara? That security guard was clearly just trying to save her some euros.
- Muslim women accosted on the Toronto subway. Drake would never treat us like this.