The Queen of Democracy, five-foot one OG baddie Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, was hospitalized last week. This lady quite literally slays and we really hope she gets better soon. So, in her honor, here are 10 of RBG’s baddest moments.
1. When RBG elegantly, masterfully, and publicly expressed all the best emotions to the Supreme Court’s mansplaining bull***t.
2. When RBG told Diane Sawyer exactly what she thought of the male-female ratio in the Supreme Court.
3. When RBG got real with Katie Couric on the Hobby Lobby dissent.
4. When Justice RBG eloquently destroyed the Hobby Lobby decision in her 19-page dissent.
“Would the exemption… extend to employers with religiously grounded objections to blood transfusions (Jehovah’s Witnesses); antidepressants (Scientologists); medications derived from pigs, including anesthesia, intravenous fluids, and pills coated with gelatin (certain Muslims, Jews, and Hindus); and vaccinations (Christian Scientists, among others)? […] My five male colleagues, in a decision of startling breadth, would allow corporations to opt out of almost any law that they find ‘incompatible with their sincerely held religious beliefs’ […] the court, I fear, has ventured into a minefield.“
5. When RBG told the world exactly how she felt about female intervention in the Supreme Court.
6. When RBG, with all her political prowess and professional elegance, acknowledged not only the presence but also the hilarious validity of Tumblr.
7. When RBG pulled Obama in for a hug, foregoing the basic handshake.
8. When RBG was a guest on Futurama.
9. When RBG not only fought for women’s, LGBTQ, and liberal rights, but also fought two bouts of malignant cancer. And won.
LOL now old ginny is a feminist hero ? What?!? LOL
Comments are closed.