That’s right, Ramadan is over.
It’s time to feel that special mix of sadness and joy at Eid time. It’s also time for samosas, kanafeh, and hilarious Eid memes.
1. THE EID HUGS ARE COMING.
Because we’ve all been locked in awkward auntie embraces with people we don’t know but have to hug, because it’s Eid.
….and you know you gotta hug that one brother (or relative) you’ve been avoiding.
2. The great Moon debate.
Every. Darn. Year.
3. When you know people are going to act a fool the second Ramadan is over.
Don’t judge! Some people are on a bit of a winding path to the Lord. A path filled with many, many trees….
5. When you’re “too old” for Eid money…
…but the little cousins still get Eidi.
6. When everybody and their clan is at the masjid and there is NO parking.
The number of people at the masjid can NEVER be too high, but it can be a little frustrating trying to find a spot on the carpet big enough for your forehead in a crowded masjid.
7. When the “Wallah Bros” are out in full force.
Bro, lower yo gaze!
8. When it’s time to finally eat again.
Yes, hopefully we’ve all learned to tighten the belt a little, but you know dat Eid food is coming tho.
9. When you know you have to glam it up for Eid festivals, but you don’t pay attention to MuslimGirl makeup/fashion advice and it ALL GOES WRONG.
10. When you know Eid ul-Adha is right around the corner. And you can smell those Qurbani lamb gyros….