#MuslimGirlProbs is our weekly link roundup of headlines, stories, events, and situations that make us want to rip our hijabs off.
Welcome back to another week of #MGProbs!
Week of 12/19/15:
- The US government is not saying why a Muslim family of 11 was barred from a Disneyland-bound flight, despite obtaining clearance. Customs and Border Protection rejected the notion that it had anything to do with religion. I, however, am not buying it. [Fox News]
- Young Muslim student was spat on and called a terrorist on a bus in London while passengers smiled and did nothing. The idle bystanders are just as guilty as the crazed man in this situation for letting the harassment continue as they passed several stops. [Daily Mail]
- A US Mayor calls Obama Muslim and strands firm as critics rage. Are we really STILL talking about this? lolololol [World Net Daily]
- The War on Christmas is over — Muslim Sufi artists play favorite Christmas songs. Wait, there was a war on Christmas? If my boss was your boss, she’d fire you for that dumb headline. [Politicus USA]
- Muslim girl says teachers teased and scolded her over headscarf. Ten-year old Lulu Abdel Fattah wore her headscarf to school for the first time this past Monday and has faced complete disrespect. One of her teachers even went ahead to brand her as “scarf girl” in class. H8ers gon’ h8. Keep doing you, Lulu! [The Sacramento Bee]