#MuslimGirlProbs is our weekly link roundup of headlines, stories, events, and situations that make us want to rip our hijabs off.
Another week. Another set of crazy headlines. Enjoy my darlings.
Week of 11/01/15:
- Marco Rubio wants to grab a beer with Malala Yousafzai. Yep, the underage Muslim. Key words: UNDERAGE and MUSLIM. I can’t even take this story seriously ya’ll lol, just read it yourselves and have a good laugh. [International Business Times]
- Good ‘ole Senator Ted Cruz is calling for a bill that would designate the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist group. The name of the bill is unnecessarily long so I’ll spare you all, but it involves the usual — incorrect definitions of “jihad” and #creepingsharia allegations. [The Hill]
- Fashion shoot for a Muslim woman’s label was swarmed by police who mistook the clothes for Islamic flags. LOL. Apparently, these officers mistook white and pink outfits and hijabs for “Islamic flags.” Yeah, because ISIS definitely decided to go pink, and flags are totally shaped like ordinary pants and shirts. I could never tell the difference growing up. [Daily Mail]
- Hijab-wearing Muslim woman goes to venue. Muslim woman is told her (clearly religious) headscarf violates venue’s dress code. Muslim woman files discrimination complaint. Muslim woman is virtually shut down because “Muslims need to stop playing the anti-Muslim card.” I don’t get it. Did we miss something? [New Matilda]
- Anti-Muslim militia warns against refugee invasion at Idaho statehouse. Once again, a bunch of Islamophobes are protesting against the idea that 300 refugees might finally have some sort of a stable home. Why? Yep, you guessed it, they might be “radical extremists.” Give me a break, please. [Raw Story]