#MuslimGirlProbs is our weekly link roundup of headlines, stories, events, and situations that make us want to rip our hijabs off.
Hello… it’s me. I was wondering if after all these months you’d still like to read?
Well you’re in luck! The headlines have only gotten crazier since we last talked. Enjoy.
Week of 10/26/15:
- A man spontaneously punched a Muslim woman in Melbourne, and then removed her hijab after he tripped her – but the police believe this was not a racially motivated attack. I’m just gonna let ya’ll make your own educated guess on this one. [The Guardian]
- This really ignorant human took the time of day to draft up “13 reasons why we shouldn’t admit Muslim refugees.” Of course, #creepingsharia, an increase in Islamic schools, and “invaders of Allah” are all on the list – but what really baffles me is that people actually believe that ALL of these refugees are Muslim? *Face-palm.* Repeat after me: Middle east ≠ Islam. [American Thinker]
- A group of Christian evangelists protested the Arab-American street festival in Dearborn, Michigan – a.k.a., the most Arab populated city in America. Their ignorant comments and anti-Muslim slurs are protected under the first amendment (didn’t see that one coming). Guys, we’ve went over this. Arab ≠ Muslim, like come on. At least be original in your trolling because quite frankly, I’m getting bored. *Yawn.* [Indy Star]
- Undercover NYPD officer faked conversion to Islam to infiltrate the Muslim community at Brooklyn College. Where do I even begin with this s#!@? Muslims in NYC have been under surveillance for under a decade now, and despite evidence that this is completely unnecessary – it’s still happening. Gaining the trust of these young Muslim students, and then treating them like criminals while you infiltrate their space is the lowest of lows. Welcome to America. [Morocco World News]
- A Muslim accountant was traveling to Georgia for a holiday weekend but was kicked out of the country because of his beard. The father of 3 said that the officer looked at him, called over another officer, and then asked him to go to a different counter – all before they even looked at his passport. Profiling much? [Daily Mail]