#MuslimGirlProbs is our weekly link roundup of headlines, stories, events, and situations that make us want to rip our hijabs off.
Another set of ridiculous headlines. Enjoy.
Week of 6/14/15:
- According to James McConnell, an Irish Evangelical Pastor, “Islam is a doctrine spawned in hell.” This is hilarious because, though this old man has a lot to say about Islam, I doubt he’s ever touched a Quran in his life.
- Chad, a Muslim majority country, votes to ban the burqa following a Boko Haram attack because it “can be used as camouflage.” Seems like a really effective solution to terrorism. Let’s go ahead and ban baggy shirts, jackets, hats, dresses, and just clothes in general to avoid any terrorist “camouflage.”
- China continues to ban Muslims from fasting the holy month of Ramadan, out of what seems to be sheer religious opposition. Not only that, but shops owned by Muslims are forced to continue selling alcohol and cigarettes during the month, or risk being shut down completely. And to think all we want is to fast from sunrise to sunset.
- This headline only really requires one sentence: A Muslim woman loses a legal battle to wear her jilbab because it was “reasonably regarded as a tripping hazard”. There’s really not much else to say about this.
- The UK has bravely taken the ‘war on terror’ to primary schools, with a Ramadan ban to act as a profiling agent for Muslim kids. Someone actually came up with this idea, and someone else actually told them it was good. Remarkable.