#MuslimGirlProbs is our weekly link roundup of headlines, stories, events, and situations that make us want to rip our hijabs off.
This lot of headlines is particularly blood-boiling. Enjoy.
Week of 5/31/15:
- If you haven’t heard about Tahera Ahmad and her soda can, you probably haven’t been on any social media lately. Apparently, a United Airlines flight attended refused to give Ahmad, a hijab-wearing Muslim woman, a closed soda can because she “may use it as a weapon on the plane.” Seriously? [CBCnews]
- Good news: Niqab-wearing Muslim women respond to a stereotypical set of photos (by another know-it-all man) on “Life Behind the Niqab.” Nice job ladies.
- A Muslim girl was not allowed to wear her headscarf in school. This girl was wearing the hijab in all of her admission photos and no objections were raised. Why bring them up now? Can you just let her live? [Focus News]
- With the blood-boiling headline right above, this next one shouldn’t even be surprising. A Muslim woman from Michigan had her First Amendment rights violated when she was arrested, interrogated for a paid parking ticket, and forced to remove her hijab. Absolutely disgusting. [International Business Times]
- A Pakistani political leader claims we have so many earthquakes, disasters, and Taliban attacks because of jeans-wearing women. Calling it the “immodesty of women.” LOL yeah, because that makes sense. Thank you, sir, for finding the solution for world peace. [Khaama Press]
- Journalist Anna Erelle posed as a young Muslim girl online to lure ISIS members. She took on the experience in an effort to write a book about it and “guide young girls.” Plans went sour when she never actually showed up as a “young bride.” Now she lives under police protection in Paris and says she has “no regrets.” Oooookay then. [Daily Mail]
- This is actually a funny read: Why would a Muslim woman want to work at Abercrombie & Fitch? This article claims that Muslims who go after big companies, like Samantha Elauf, have had the “sinister agenda” planned all along, because they want to promote the “Islamization of America.” Lol, or maybe she just needed a job and her rights were violated? [Brietbart]