#MuslimGirlProbs is our weekly link roundup of headlines, stories, events, and situations that make us want to rip our hijabs off.
Another set of crazy headlines. Enjoy.
Week of 5/11/15:
- Muslim girl not allowed to wear scarf in school. Apparently, the managing director of the school claimed: “If somebody wants to wear a religious dress, they should seek admission in a madrasa or some such school.” Awkward moment when madrasa means school in Arabic. [The Indian Express]
- FBI Uses National Security as Excuse to Suppress Muslim-Americans…. what’s new though? In the name of homeland security and “protecting citizens” – FBI thinks it’s ok to violate the basic civil rights of innocent Muslim-Americans… again. [Sputnik]
- Danish School to pay moral damages to Muslim girl who was forced to eat pork. Attending culinary school, the Muslim student was told she must taste the dishes they cook just like her fellow classmates, even if it was pork. Apparently school officials asked her “to taste, but not swallow the food” – ARE YOU KIDDING ME? [The Independent]
- Islam is satanic, says Dallas Megachurch Pastor Robert Jeffress. He also said, “Islam is a false religion that will lead you to hell.” Blah, blah, blah. [CharismaNews]
- A former congressman mistakenly blamed Islam when he couldn’t buy booze at Walmart. LOL dude, really? Turns out, the Muslim cashier was just too young to sell alcohol, but the former congressman insisted on having a full blown #CreepingSharia meltdown. [Business Insider]