#MuslimGirlProbs is our weekly link roundup of headlines, stories, events, and situations that make us want to rip our hijabs off.
Another week, another set of horrific headlines and Islamophobic propaganda. We’ll let you know when things get better. Until then, here are more new stories that will make you cringe, laugh hysterically, and order in pizza for the rest of the week. Seriously.
Week of 3/01/15:
- FBI encouraged former FBI Informant, Craig Monteilh, to go as far as sleep with Muslim women for good intel. Great work from our own tax funded Federal Bureau of Investigation. [Huffington Post]
- The French decide to use fancy term “Laicite” as a euphemism for “restriction of basic Muslim rights” in a new law that allegedly separates religious expression from public space. [NPR]
- Lisa Valentine, Muslim woman living in Georgia, charged with contempt by a Georgia judge for refusing to remove her hijab in court. This is one of two hijab-wearing Muslim women that have been barred by this same Georgia judge in the past 8 days. What happened to the first amendment, judge? [The Guardian]
- Christian woman, Jessey Eagan, continues to gain publicity and glorification as she wears the hijab for lent, while Muslim women continue being thrown into jails and out of courtrooms for doing the exact same. [Christian Post]
- SNL “spoofs” ISIS in a ridiculously controversial sketch, forgetting the whole “America created ISIS” fact that people seem to be leaving out. Thank you for propagating stereotypes and encouraging islamophobia, SNL. [Washington Post]
- A Canadian Prime Minister is building his campaign around the dehumanization and demonization of Muslims, because islamophobia “sells”. That’s awesome. [Aljazeera]