#MuslimGirlProbs is our weekly link roundup of headlines, stories, events, and situations that make us want to rip our hijabs off.
It’s been a very emotionally exhausting couple of weeks for all of us. The heightened hate crimes and political neglect are just phase 1. Get ready for the second painful phase that we have to deal with on top of that, which is heightened racism in media coverage. The weirdos really come out of the woodwork when Muslims are in the headlines. Get that attention, weirdos. $$$
Week of 2/15/15:
- The Atlantic puts forth a very presumptuous essay claiming to know “what ISIS really wants,” and, therefore, Islam. Conclusion? They know nothing. [The Atlantic]
- The FBI declares that the assault of an Arab-American family in a Kroger is, in fact, NOT a hate crime. It was probably just a grocery dispute. [Detroit Free Press]
- Weird Muslim woman columnist defends Canada’s racist attempt to ban niqabs because, according to her, Muslim women don’t have the mental capacity to decide what’s best for them. She might be Exhibit A. [Toronto Sun]
- Keeping in theme with the above link, here is another personal essay about how THE WESTERN WORLD IS THE LIGHT FOR MUSLIM WOMEN. DON’T ASK QUESTIONS. [Huffington Post]
- War drummer of the racist clans, Pam Geller, is hosting a “Draw Muhammad” contest. $10,000 prize. Somebody’s desperate. [WND]
- And things like that ^ cause things like this > Flyers were spread around a heavily Muslim-populated suburban neighborhood threatening that “all Muslims will be killed in America and Muhammad the Prophet’s image will be burned.” [Daily Dot]
Stay safe out there, everyone. Until next week — God willing.