This week’s compilation of headlines and stories has proven, once again, that being a Muslim woman means being misunderstood, misrepresented, and having to hear what everyone and their mother thinks of you. Always.
Get a load of the #MuslimGirlProbs we’ve had this week.
Week of 2/1/15:
- Amal Tarawneh, the wife of the Jordanian pilot that ISIS burned alive in a cage, learned of his death on Facebook. [New Zealand Herald]
- The world ended for some people when a commercial with a Muslim woman presented itself on screen during the Super Bowl. [i100]
- A group of ISIS supporters put out a guide on how to live life as a Muslim woman. Thanks for the tips, guys. [Buzzfeed]
- New Women’s Mosque in North America sparks enormous backlash from pretty much everyone except, well, Muslim women. [ABC]
- The dudebros [even worse than wallah bros] of the Internet decided to do everyone a favor and offer their supreme guidance on the ‘journey’ of dating a Muslim girl [ReturnOfKings]
- Woman wearing hijab harassed on Delta Airline flight (typical); Delta responds by threatening to kick her off the plane. WTF? [Detroit Free Press]
Check out last week’s #MuslimGirlProbs here. See ya next week!